These Goji Berries are grown in the fertile valleys of Ningxia Province, China. Here, in their indigenous terrain, the berries are vine-ripened, harvested in the summer months, and dehydrated at low temperatures for maximum nutrient preservation. These pure goji berries are raw, kosher, gluten-free, vegan, and certified organic.
The Goji Berry, also known as wolfberry, and in pharmacological references as Lycii fructus, is a bright orange-red fruit containing tiny yellow edible seeds. Grown for commercial use predominantly in China & sometimes wild-crafted in certain regions of Tibet, this "red diamond" has been used in Chinese Medicine for about 1,900 years. This superfruit combines exceptional nutrient richness and antioxidant quality with an appealing taste.
Cited Benefits of Goji Berries:
- High antioxidant properties
- Contains all the essential amino acids
- Supports healthy immune system
Carbohydrates: 68% of mass
Protein: 12% of mass
Fiber: 10% of mass
Fat: 10% of mass
- Micronutrients and Phytochemicals:
11 essential and 22 trace dietary minerals
18 amino acids
6 essential vitamins
8 polysaccharides and 6 monosaccharides
5 unsaturated fatty acids, including the essential fatty acids, linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid
beta-sitosterol and other phytosterols
5 carotenoids, including beta-carotene and zeaxanthin (below), lutein, lycopene and cryptoxanthin, a xanthophyll
numerous phenolic pigments (phenols) associated with antioxidant properties
- Calcium: 112 mg per 100 gram serving, providing about 8-10% of the Dietary Reference Intake (DRI).
- Potassium: 1,132 mg per 100 grams dried fruit, giving about 24% of the DRI.
- Iron: 9 mg iron per 100 grams (100% DRI).
- Zinc: 2 mg per 100 grams dried fruit (18% DRI).
- Selenium: 100 grams of dried goji berries contain 50 micrograms (91% DRI)
Riboflavin (vitamin B2): 1.3 mg per 100 grams of dried goji berries provide 100% of DRI.
- Vitamin C: as high as 148 mg per 100 grams (163% DRI).
Although "wolfberries" can be obtained in Asian markets at a fraction of
the cost, it is not recommended. "Wolf berries" have been detected to
have excessively high levels of pesticide and fungicide levels leading
the FDA to seize some imports. Vivapura ensures that the low-temperature
dried (naturally in semi-shade) goji berries we provide are of the
absolute highest quality and purity, exceeding the standards of many
sources in the raw food market place.
Packaging: 16 oz Resealable Compostable BPA Free Biotrē® Film Bag
- Blend into your smoothie as a whole-food sweetener, or stir-in whole for a chewy surprise.
- Use as garnish for your favorite dessert recipes.
- Add whole to your trail mix.
- Add to your favorite granola recipe.
- Enjoy as a vibrant snack!