A decadent moist and fluffy vegan pumpkin bar with a generous layer of homemade coconut ‘cream cheese’ frosting. Made with our coconut flakes, stone ground coconut butter, lucuma, and a drizzle of our amazingly creamy stone ground almond butter. See the recipe demo video here. These bars are also made without flour, so they are naturally grain-free making it an excellent alternative for those with gluten/wheat allergies. Pumpkin gives these bars a natural sweetness and fluffy texture. Pumpkin is also a great source of vitamins A, C, K, and E, as well as lots of minerals, including magnesium, potassium, and iron. These make a great snack or dessert, and are a crowd pleaser! Go ahead and eat them for breakfast if you want. Turn them into muffins by using muffin molds!
Grain-Free Pumpkin Squares with Vegan FrostingBATTER 3 cups large coconut chips, ground into a powder 1 Tbsp. coconut flour 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice 1 tsp. baking soda ½ tsp. mineral salt 1 cup pumpkin puree ⅓ cup water 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar 2 chia eggs (2 Tbsp. chia flax + 6 Tbsp. water, whisked) 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar ½ tsp. vanilla extract 1/2 cup chopped pecansFROSTING 1/2 cup coconut creme 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 1 Tbsp. lemon juice Pinch of mineral salt 1-2 Tbsp. coconut sugar 1/4 cup sea moss or agar agar (for extra body and thickness) OR 1/4 cup more oil
- In a high speed blender, blend all frosting ingredients until smooth. Let set up in the refrigerator or 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with coconut oil. You can also make this bread in an 8x8x2 inch glass brownie dish.
- Mix together the coconut powder, coconut flour, spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the water, coconut oil, coconut sugar, chia eggs and baking soda/apple cider vinegar.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix dry and wet ingredients together just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled, remove them from the pan and cover with the frosting.
- Chill in the refrigerator again for 15 minutes. Cut and enjoy! Or keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.