Do you get a sudden craving for cookies like me? Would you try low sugar gluten-free cookie made from raw stone-ground tahini, sunflower seeds, coconut, chia seeds, and raw chocolate chips? It’s been a recipe in the making, and I’m proud to say these cookies are phenomenal. Mind you, I’ve been gluten-free for almost a decade and haven’t baked with eggs in just about the same time. And I’m proud to say these cookies taste and feel better going down.
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes, GROUND
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or more to your sweetness level
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds, GROUND (a coffee grinder works well)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. mineral salt
- First, grind coconut chips in a dry blender until a flour forms. Be sure not to over blend or it will turn into a butter.
- In a food processor, combine all dough ingredients and process into a dough/paste.
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS: To make your own homemade chocolate chips, gently melt the cacao butter and paste.
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and pour into a parchment-lined container.
- Pour into a parchment-lined container or candy molds. Freeze until firm. Break into small chip-sized pieces, or pop out of the candy molds.
Once firm, break up or chop into small chunks.
- Pulse or mix into cookie dough until well incorporated.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
- Let cool and store in a container in your refrigerator.