Black Chia Seeds, Raw, Organic, 16 oz
Raw, organic, and gluten-free
A great source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein
Helps to lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels
Promotes weight loss and gut health
Can be added to smoothies, yogurt, cereal, salads, and more
- IngredientBlack Chia Seeds, Raw, Organic
- Packed Date2023-07-04
- Lot# / Exp By11/20-10-01-D5-326/1 - 03/2024
Black chia seeds are small, oval-shaped seeds that are native to Mexico and Guatemala. They have a mild, nutty flavor and a unique texture that can range from crunchy to nutty to gelatinous depending on how they are prepared.
Chia seeds are a good source of fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, molybdenum, niacin, and zinc. They are also a good source of antioxidants.
Here are some of the health benefits of black chia seeds:
- Improved heart health. Chia seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help to reduce inflammation and improve heart health. Studies have shown that chia seeds can help to lower blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and triglycerides.
- Weight loss. Chia seeds are a good source of fiber, which can help to promote satiety and make you feel full after eating. This can help you to eat fewer calories and lose weight.
- Improved blood sugar control. Chia seeds have been shown to improve blood sugar control in people with type 2 diabetes. They can also help to prevent insulin resistance.
- Reduced inflammation. Chia seeds are a good source of antioxidants, which can help to reduce inflammation. Inflammation is linked to a number of chronic diseases, including heart disease, cancer, and arthritis.
- Improved bone health. Chia seeds are a good source of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, which are important for bone health. Studies have shown that chia seeds can help to increase bone mineral density.
- Improved skin health. Chia seeds are a good source of antioxidants, which can help to protect skin from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals can contribute to the development of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging.
- Improved digestive health. Chia seeds are a good source of fiber, which can help to promote healthy digestion. Fiber can help to keep the digestive system running smoothly and prevent constipation.
- Increased energy. Chia seeds are a good source of protein and fiber, which can help to provide sustained energy throughout the day.
Here are some suggested uses for black chia seeds:
- Add them to smoothies, yogurt, or oatmeal.
- Sprinkle them on salads, cereal, or toast.
- Use them to make chia pudding or chia seed bars.
- Add them to baked goods.
- Drink them as a chia seed drink.
Chia seeds are a versatile and nutritious food that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. They are a good source of fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. Chia seeds have been shown to have a number of health benefits, including improved heart health, weight loss, improved blood sugar control, reduced inflammation, improved bone health, improved skin health, improved digestive health, and increased energy.
The first chia consumers were the ancient Aztecs and Mayans. They used chia seeds for a variety of purposes, including food, medicine, and religious ceremonies. Chia seeds were an important source of protein and fiber for the Aztecs and Mayans. They also believed that chia seeds had medicinal properties and could help to treat a variety of ailments, including diarrhea, constipation, and wounds. Chia seeds were also used in religious ceremonies by the Aztecs and Mayans. They believed that chia seeds were a gift from the gods and that they could help to connect them with the divine.
Today, chia seeds are still a popular food and supplement. They are available in a variety of forms, including whole seeds, ground seeds, and chia seed oil. Chia seeds can be added to a variety of foods and drinks, and they can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
Vivapura delivers the best price per ounce of chia seeds online!